The origin of the French toast dates back to a really long time. Yes, the recipe of French toast was initially developed by the Latin people in the 4th and 5th century which eventually became famous and is now common all across the world.
A classic French toast is everyone’s favorite. Whether you want to have it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or tea-time snack it is undoubtedly the best option. The best thing is that you can make a French toast in different varieties and flavors using numerous ingredients of your choice for the toppings.
Making a French toast is no brain science. Trust me, it is really easy but you do need to follow a few steps in order to make delectable French toast. If you are planning to have a supper party or a get-together brunch for your friends than French toast should indubitably be on top your list.
Thick slices bread (as per your demand)
2/3 cup milk
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Powdered sugar for garnishing
Salt to taste
After you have collected all the ingredients necessary for making the mouth-watering French toast, these are the steps you’ll need to follow.
- Initially, you need to add the different ingredients to make the batter. The batter is required to dip the toast in order to give it flavor and crisp. So, add the eggs, milk, salt, vanilla and the optional spices in a bowl and whisk them properly.
- After you have prepared the batter, dip the toast in the batter. Make sure you shift the batter in a rather flat bowl in order to dip the toast properly.
- At the same time, preheat the pan and add some oil in it for the toasts to be fried. Make sure you turn the heat to medium so that you don’t burn those toasts.
- After you ha e soaked the French toasts in the batter and preheated your pan with a little oil in it, it is time to fry the toasts.
- To make sure you have fried the lower side of the toast properly you need to keep checking the toast again and again. After they are dark yellowish and golden brown from one side, you need to flip them over. Repeat the same with the other side too.
- When both the sides are properly fried take them out on a plate and pat them with the tissue paper to eliminate any excessive oil.
- Spray the powdered sugar to garnish. You can also add some raspberries or blueberries to add more taste and flavor.
Even though, making the French toasts seem hard but it actually isn’t, obviously it is really clear from the recipe (given above). French toast is the easiest and most delicious supper and brunch meal which is not only healthy but is the tastiest savory as well. Make sure you try them out for sure. Trust me!!! You’ll literally love them.